Valentine's Day Fun Facts
Back to Blogs
- It's estimated that the U.S. alone is going to spend $3.3 Billion on flowers for loved ones this year!
- Of the 124.6 million households in the U.S., it's predicted that 43 million of them will purchase flowers
- The most popular flower to be purchased: Red roses, of course!
- In 2015, 18% of women sent themselves flowers. Who says you can't be your own Valentine?
- The only other day that beats Valentine's Day in floral sales is Mother's Day.
Valentine's Day Facts:
- Every year, more than 36 million heart shaped boxes of chocolate are sold across the country.
- Thanks to you men, it looks like you'll be spending twice as much as women this year on gifts. The average man spends $130 on Valentine's Day, while women spend about $70.
- Don't forget about your pets! Every year, around 9 million people buy their pets a Valentine's Day gift.
- February 14th is the second largest card giving day of the year, just after Christmas. This year, it's expected that 1 Billion cards will be exchanged around the world.
- Teachers receive the most Valentine's Day cards, followed by kids, mothers, wives and girlfriends.